HOME / ARTICLES / BEAUTY AND SKIN CARE
To Print out only the Recipe|
- Highlight it with your mouse
- Right click on the highlighted recipe.
- Choose the option PRINT.
- Change the Pages/Print from ALL to SELECTION.
- Press the PRINT button.
Beauty and Skin Care
Americans spend millions on body products every day, but are they buying the right ones. How much do you really know about what your skin needs, what type of skin you have, what kind of soaps and lotions are the best for your skin? Here's some advice that will help you maintain naturally healthy skin and overall beauty:
1. Soapless soap, lotions and body cleansers are better for your skin because most soaps actually strip the moisture out of your skin. Soapless soaps have a combination of water and oils. So actually, they remove the dirt and debris and actually replenish the moisture at the same time without drying the skin out. Look for products that specifically say "soap free cleanser," "soapless cleanser." They have a variety of compounds that fit into the general category. Cetyl Alcohol is one of them.
2. Moisturize after washing your skin whether you use a traditional soap or a cleanser. When the water evaporates, the skin will dry out. So the best time to moisturize is right after bathing. If you don't want to moisturize heavily, then you don't want to use a lotion. If you want a heavy moisturizer, then you would likely use a cream. There are creams that tend to be more greasy or less greasy. The more moisture that one's skin needs, the heavier moisturizer or more oily moisturizer one should use.
3. Know your skin type. Most people will often believe one of two things: "I have terribly oily skin," or "I have terribly dry skin." In most cases, it's somewhere in between. Independent of whether you have oily skin or dry skin, the general guidelines of washing your face once a day apply.
* Dry Skin: For most dry skin is visible. Skin will be flaky and dry, and it can be irritated easily. Moisturizer can remedy that.
* Oily Skin: This skin type is difficult to diagnose accurately. But do note that frequent washing will not clear up oily skin - it will only irritate it.
4. Mild Exfoliation. Use a mild abrasive soap or cream. Do not do it more than once a week or once every couple of weeks. The idea that if you sand your skin down it's going to get smoother and fresher doesn't always apply.
5. Acne Treatment. Even for individuals with acne, over-cleaning, over-washing and scrubbing is not helpful. It's just going to irritate the acne lesions that are there. Although there is an attempt to clean the oil off of the face, it really is not beneficial and can set you back in terms of causing more inflammation. Some people who have acne actually have acne with dry skin. So drying that skin out further is obviously going to set them back even further.
The desire to pick at acne blemishes is second only to the desire to scratch in the rather human experience. There is one message that I think can convince teenagers and other acne prone individuals not to pick. That is that probably the number one cause of acne scarring can be picking and manipulation. Getting the acne under good medical control is the best solution.
6. Use Sunblock. Use a compound with a sun protection factor of at least 15. That gives you about 94% to 96% protection against the ultraviolet B or burning rays of the sun. It's important to remember that the ultraviolet A rays that come down from the sun as well have an effect on skin. They are actually the tanning and aging rays that penetrate into the dermis and shatter the elastic tissue. So you want to look for a sunscreen that is broad spectrum as well.
The importance of using sunblock is demonstrated with the fact that the incidence of skin cancer is rising. One in five Americans develops a basal carcinoma. In the year 1999, the risk factor for melanoma was 1 in 74. That's a deadly form of skin cancer. Young people who do not use sunblock will see the ill effects of their exposure to the sun 20 or 30 years from now. I think it's extremely important, not only for adults to be aware of the dangers to make sure that they are applying sunscreen to their children. The most damaging effects of the sun are really done in the first 15 to 20 years of life.
Taking care of your skin starts at a young age and using the right products is determined by knowing your skin. Try these all natural products, to give your skin the healthy glow it naturally has and protect yourself from those harmful rays.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional health care provider before changing any medication.
Lobster for Leos, Cookies for Capricorns: An Astrology Lover's Cookbook
A Taste of Astrology: A Cookbook with 240 Heavenly Recipes and Menus for Each Astrological Sign
The Astrology Cookbook: A Cosmic Guide to Feasts of Love
Cooking with Astrology by Sydney Omarr and Chef Mike Roy
Recipes may also be provided by :
GoSun SOLAR COOKER
Portable solar cooker.
Voted best tasting diet program! Pick your meals and save today!
Bulk herbs, spices and natural products.
SNAKE RIVER FARMS
American Wagyu, USDA Prime, Dry-Aged Beef
The COOKS TAROT
THE MIXOLOGY OF ASTROLOGY:
Cosmic Cocktail Recipes for Every Sign
SEXY STAR SIGN COOKING
An Astrology Cookbook for Lovers
THE ZODIAC COOKS
Recipes from the Celestial Kitchen of Life