HOME / CAULIFLOWER RECIPES
To Print out only the Recipe|
- Highlight it with your mouse
- Right click on the highlighted recipe.
- Choose the option PRINT.
- Change the Pages/Print from ALL to SELECTION.
- Press the PRINT button.
Cauliflower Hummus - Yield: 5 to 8 servings
Recipe by Thrive Market
Active Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 large head cauliflower
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
Juice of 2 small lemons
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
Paprika, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut cauliflower into florets and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven 20 minutes until tender. Let cool.
Place roasted cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor with garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and salt and pepper.
Process until combined.
Drizzle in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Process until creamy.
Spoon into serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle with paprika.
Pasta con Cavolo - Servings: 6
Recipe by Iole Aguero for eVitamins
1 small head of cauliflower
1/3 cup (80mL) olive oil
1/2 cup (20g) packed Italian parsley leaves
3 cloves garlic (or to taste)
1/2 tsp (1g) crushed red pepper (or to taste)
1/3 cup (45g) Romano cheese*, grated
1 pound (455g) pasta bows
Quarter cauliflower and place in microwave in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for approximately 4 minutes or steam on stove top until tender-crisp. Chop cooked cauliflower. (This may be done in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to use.)
Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Add 1 Tbsp (20g) salt and pasta; bring back to a boil and cook about 8 minutes.
While pasta is cooking, finely chop Italian parsley and garlic. Combine with crushed red pepper.
Heat olive oil in medium-size saucepan. Add parsley, garlic, and red pepper. Cook for one minute. Add chopped cauliflower and 1 tsp (6g) salt. Cook covered about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If needed, use a small amount of pasta water.
Drain pasta, saving a small amount of the pasta water. Put the pasta back into the pot it was cooked in. Add the cauliflower mixture. Cook together over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. If needed, add a small amount of pasta water. Stir in Romano cheese.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories: 410, Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat 3g), Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 80mg, Total Carbohydrate: 57g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g), Protein: 13g.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower - Serves 6
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
2. Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
3. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Calories: 124, Total Fat: 8.7g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 146mg, Total Carbohydrates: 8.5g,
Dietary Fiber: 3.6g, Protein: 5.3
Baked Whole Cauliflower - Serves 6
If you thought you didn't like cauliflower, try this!
1 large head cauliflower
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pinch dried oregano
1. Clean cauliflower, and trim off leaves and any brown spots. Place the whole head of cauliflower into a steamer basket, place the basket in a large pot, and add one inch of water. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted margarine. Season with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and mix well. Place the head of cauliflower into a baking dish, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 147, Total Fat: 8.6g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 474mg, Total Carbohydrates: 14.7g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Protein: 5g.
Cauliflower Soup - Serves 5
Mashed steamed cauliflower is added to a chicken and vegetable broth to create this tasty soup.
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup shredded carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
6 cups chicken broth
Ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the celery, onion and carrot in olive oil for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Steam cauliflower in a colander over boiling water or in a steamer until tender. Mash.
3. Add the mashed cauliflower to the vegetable mixture, return to stovetop over medium heat and add the chicken broth. Pepper to taste and simmer for 15 minutes or until soup is heated thoroughly.
Calories: 131, Total Fat: 8.1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 1255mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11.3g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Protein: 5.2g
Lobster for Leos, Cookies for Capricorns: An Astrology Lover's Cookbook
A Taste of Astrology: A Cookbook with 240 Heavenly Recipes and Menus for Each Astrological Sign
The Astrology Cookbook: A Cosmic Guide to Feasts of Love
Cooking with Astrology by Sydney Omarr and Chef Mike Roy
Recipes may also be provided by :
GoSun SOLAR COOKER
Portable solar cooker.
Voted best tasting diet program! Pick your meals and save today!
Bulk herbs, spices and natural products.
SNAKE RIVER FARMS
American Wagyu, USDA Prime, Dry-Aged Beef
The COOKS TAROT
THE MIXOLOGY OF ASTROLOGY:
Cosmic Cocktail Recipes for Every Sign
SEXY STAR SIGN COOKING
An Astrology Cookbook for Lovers
THE ZODIAC COOKS
Recipes from the Celestial Kitchen of Life