HOME / SALAD RECIPES
AVOCADO AND ZUCCHINI SALAD
Good with grilled fish or chicken.
6 cups shredded zucchini
2 medium firm-ripe avocados
2 cups arugula or watercress sprigs
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place zucchini in a wide, shallow bowl. Peel, pit, and slice avocados. Arrange avocados and arugula over zucchini. In a small bowl, combine oil and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper, then mix well. If making salad ahead, cover salad and dressing separately and let stand up to 45 minutes.
Pour dressing over salad and mix lightly.
Recipe idea - Serve with pita bread
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, diced
2 bunches green onions, diced
2 carrots, grated
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature; fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, carrots and parsley. Stir in cooled quinoa.
ASPARAGUS AND BEET SALAD
1/2 pound asparagus
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 can (15 oz.) sliced beets
1 can (15 oz.) Garbanzos
1 cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons roasted, salted pistachios
1. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut spears diagonally into 1-inch lengths.
2. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, bring about 1 inch water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook just until tender-crisp when pierced, about 3
minutes. Transfer asparagus with a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice water. Lift out when cold.
3. Dry the frying pan and add cumin. Stir over low heat just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour cumin into a wide bowl and add lemon
4. Drain beets and garbanzos, rinse with cool water, and drain again. Add to bowl along with asparagus, onion, cilantro, and pistachios. Mix
and add salt to taste.
16 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 small red onion, julienned
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 boneless chicken breast half, cooked and sliced into thin strips
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons ground walnuts
1 tablespoon honey
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and cool under cold water. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, walnuts, and honey. Refrigerate until chilled.
3. In a salad bowl, combine pasta, peppers, red onion, olives, and chicken. Add lemon dressing and feta cheese, toss and serve.
1 lg. container cottage cheese
1 med. container Kool-Aid
2 c. fruit, diced
1 lg. pkg. sugar free Jello (dry)
Mix together. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
RED CHRISTMAS SALAD
4 pickled beets
2 cooked potatoes
2 pickles (whole)
1 red onion
1 1/2 c. beet juice (from pickled beets)
1 tbsp. mustard
1 tbsp. potato or cornstarch
Make a dressing of the juice, mustard and cornstarch. Cool. Cut beets, apples,
potatoes and pickles in small cubes. Chop onion fine. Stir together and stir in
dressing. Garnish with parsley.
3/4 cup sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 small pkg frozen strawberries (do not drain)
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup chopped nuts
2 diced bananas
8 oz. cool whip
Whip sugar and cheese. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended. Pour into a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and freeze. Thaw slightly before serving.
EASTER MARSHMALLOW SALAD
1 pkg. mini-marshmallows*
1 can pineapple chunks
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 1/2 lbs. sliced seedless grapes (red are prettiest)
Make 1 pkg. vanilla pudding and cool
Whip 1/2 pt. (1 c.) whipping cream - blend with pudding
*Can use traditional white marshmallows, but you can use pastel colors.
MEDITERRANEAN GREEK SALAD
3 cucumbers, seeded and sliced
1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
3 cups diced roma tomatoes
1/3 cup diced oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
1/2 red onion, sliced
In a large salad bowl, toss together the cucumbers, feta cheese, olives, roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons reserved sun-dried tomato oil, and red onion. Chill until serving.
HAM AND MACARONI SALAD
7 ozs elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1 whole hard-boiled egg, chopped
15 ozs canned peas, drained
1/2 c onions, chopped
8 ozs turkey ham, cooked and cubed
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
In a mixing bowl, combine cooked macaroni, peas, ham, mayonnaise, eggs, and black pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving.
Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing
1/4 lb. bleu cheese
2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. vinegar
2 T. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1 clove minced garlic
Crumble about 1 cup cheese and set aside a few tablespoons for
garnish. In mixing bowl, combine remaining cheese with all other
ingredients. Beat with electric or rotary mixer until fluffy.
Chill thoroughly. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Makes about 3
1/2 cups. Also makes great chip dip.
Lobster for Leos, Cookies for Capricorns: An Astrology Lover's Cookbook
A Taste of Astrology: A Cookbook with 240 Heavenly Recipes and Menus for Each Astrological Sign
The Astrology Cookbook: A Cosmic Guide to Feasts of Love
Cooking with Astrology by Sydney Omarr and Chef Mike Roy
Recipes may also be provided by :
GoSun SOLAR COOKER
Portable solar cooker.
Voted best tasting diet program! Pick your meals and save today!
Bulk herbs, spices and natural products.
SNAKE RIVER FARMS
American Wagyu, USDA Prime, Dry-Aged Beef
The COOKS TAROT
THE MIXOLOGY OF ASTROLOGY:
Cosmic Cocktail Recipes for Every Sign
SEXY STAR SIGN COOKING
An Astrology Cookbook for Lovers
THE ZODIAC COOKS
Recipes from the Celestial Kitchen of Life